Sunday, April 8, 2012

Review - The Knife, Argentinean Steakhouse, Miami FL


The Knife, Argentinean Steakhouse
Bayside Marketplace
401 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL

A colleague and I had just arrived in Miami, and two of her friends, who met us at the airport, led us to The Knife for an early Sunday dinner.  We arrived at around 4 p.m. without a reservation.  We were seated immediately, as the place was maybe 20% full.



The setup of the place was on the second floor, overlooking the water.  We couldn’t see that much, since the cove was jam packed with giant sailboats and million dollar yachts, so I wouldn’t say that the view is that great.  The room was laid out in a horseshoe shape, with the entry on one end of it, and the grill on the opposite side.

Rather than ordering from a traditional menu, the Knife offers an extensive salad and food bar.  The selections were varied, and I tried a half dozen.  The pickled eggplant was the best, but the ceviche was a disappointment (In The Knife’s defense, I had just flown in from Peru).  The waitress will deliver such items as fries, but all this is leading up to a visit through the giant grill.

Ah, the grill…this is the main attraction.  There, several grillmasters are carefully tending all sorts of beef, pork, and chicken, along with grilled stuffed peppers, onions, and other tasty flame broiled treats.  The meat is slowly roasted in large roasts, so a steak of the appropriate type, thickness and doneness is right at hand.  That first bite was just as good as the last, seasoned perfectly.



The service was excellent, although the model was a bit different.  It didn’t seem like we waited for anything.  By the time we left just after five, it was almost packed, but still not noisy.

I stuffed myself to the extent that I wanted to nap on the couch in the waiting area.

The check came to just under $40/person, which I thought was very reasonable given how full of red meat I was, I was pretty sure I had eaten over a pound of it.

The Knife was by far my favorite during my weeklong visit to Miami, and I wholeheartedly recommend that anyone visiting makes a special trip to eat there.  This is the type of place that can make a vegetarian’s head explode.

If you plan to dine with one in Miami, please see my reviews of City Hall, The Restaurant or Largo Bar and Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment